Export your tailored report, save templates to use again later, and pull up past reports you've built any time.
Follow the steps below to build and export a report with Report Builder.
- Click the "Report Builder" link from the navigation bar.
- Select "New Report" if you're building a report from scratch, or select "New Report from Template" to apply settings from a saved report.
- Enter a descriptive name for your report, like "US ad tags to re-prioritize Dec-15".
- If you're scheduling a recurring report, or if your report is too large, it'll be sent via email instead of downloaded on the spot. Enter up to five emails to receive the report, each separated by a semicolon.
- Select a start and end date for the data in your report.
- Select UTC, US/Eastern, or US/Pacific as the timezone to apply to your report.
- Choose how you want your data broken down in each row: by hour, day, week, month, year, or all data for the entire date range combined in a single row.
- Add a primary dimension to customize the main attribute for your report. Your data can report on placements, targets, target rules, or ad tags.
- Add options to customize which specific dimension(s) to include in the report, or select "All" to include data from all of them.
- Add dimension filters to customize the data in your report. For example, if you've added your "/blog" target as the primary dimension and you want a report that includes the optimization type applied to your /blog traffic, you'd add "Optimization Type" as a secondary dimension, then select "All" as the filter. Or, if you only want to see /blog traffic with Cruise Control® optimization, you'd select "Optimization Type", "Is equal to", and "Cruise Control".
- Add metric filters to refine your data. For example, if you're building a report for all targets in your footer placement but only want to only want to see targets with more than 1,000 impressions and more than 100 clicks (i.e., targets with 10%+ CTR), you can do so by adding filters that limit the number of impressions and clicks.
- Select "Don't save changes to template" if you do not plan to run the report again in the future, or select "Save as new template" if you'd like to schedule it to run regularly or you'd like to manually run the report again in the future.
- If you're saving your report as a new template, enter a template name.
- Click the "Generate CSV" button to download your report as a spreadsheet. If your report is too large, it'll be sent to the email address(es) you entered above.